About this event
The People experiencing marginalization and the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic response (MARCO) study is evaluating how local efforts responding to the COVID-19 pandemic support people experiencing marginalization. The programs and interventions include:
- COVID-19 Isolation and Recovery Sites (CIRS): CIRS provided a space where people experiencing homelessness who were affected by COVID-19 could isolate.
- Encampment Outreach: new outreach groups and existing agencies and organizations working with people experiencing homelessness provided supports that were limited due to COVID-19 to encampment residents.
- Substance Use Service (SUS) at the COVID-19 Isolation and Recovery Site: evaluated the Substance Use Services offered at one of the COVID-19 Isolation and Recovery Sites (CIRS) in Toronto, Ontario.
- Toronto Developmental Service Alliance’s Sector Pandemic Planning Initiative (SPPI): The SPPI is made up of staff from 28 agencies that provide services to people with developmental disabilities in Toronto. Its purpose is to address pandemic safety, labour guidelines, policies, training needs, and legal and ethical issues in developmental services arising from the pandemic.
- Violence Against Women (VAW) Services: aims to build a shared understanding of challenges and strengths in the response to VAW during the COVID-19 pandemic and develop actionable recommendations.